We need calcium for many functions, but primarily to support the skeleton, where a steady supply of calcium enables the body to produce enough new bone. Coral Calcium helps build bones, may help prevent osteoporosis and regulate the contraction and relaxation of muscles, including the heart.
- Calcium helps to build bones and may help prevent osteoporosis.
- Supports the contraction and relaxation of muscles, including the heart.
- Helps to reduce the risk of developing muscle cramps.
- Fossilized coral calcium contains about 15% more calcium than marine coral.
- Contains trace minerals that work together to support strong bones.
- Magnesium is essential for energy production, muscle relaxation, and cardiovascular function.
Why we need calcium every day
We are constantly remodeling our skeleton, removing old bone and replacing it with fresh new bone. Remodeling regulates calcium homeostasis, repairs micro-damage to bones from everyday stress, and shapes and sculpts the skeleton during growth.
This is the balancing act of resorption and formation. As we age, resorption can gain the upper hand and lead to overall bone loss, resulting in osteopenia or osteoporosis. You need a steady supply of calcium to produce enough new bone to counteract the effects of resorption.