Spirulina, also known as blue green algae (Cyanophyaceae), is one of the oldest living organisms on earth. It has existed for more than three billion years.
Hawaiian Gandalf Sprirulina™ is a microscopic filamentous multicellular organism. Slightly larger than a speck of dust, this tiny organism recycles carbon dioxide and produces oxygen. It produces chlorophyll (plant), does not have a cellulose covering (animal) and does not have a nucleus (bacteria)
Gandalf Spirulina™from Hawaii is exceptionally pure. After harvesting, the spirulina paste is kiln dried. Drying is a key factor that influences the nutritional value of spirulina.
Our researchers in Hawaii have developed a unique drying process that is unmatched to this day. This unique method is patented under the name Ocean Chill™. It removes the oxygen from the drying process and protects carotenes from oxidation. As a result, the spirulina is dried in a virtual exigent-free environment (less than 1%)
Thanks to the hot sunny days of Hawaii, Gandalf Spriulina™ is extremely rich in beta carotene. It is unique since it also contains many trace elements.
Gandalf Spirulina™ is offered in user-friendly packaging. Zip lock packaging provides maximum protection since any residual air can be removed to preserve product integrity. Oxidation and photodecomposition are almost non-existent.
Gandalf Spirulina™ is a precious nutrient with exceptional qualities and available in powder, capsule or tablet form. Gluten free, and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Flora Gandalf Spirulina Powder Benefits
- Source of provitamin A to help maintain eyesight, skin, membranes and immune function, and to help in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth and night vision.
- A source of the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) for the maintenance of good health.
How does Spirulina compare?
- 3900% more beta carotene than carrots
- 300% more calcium than whole milk
- 2300% more iron than spinach
- 375% more protein than tofu
Sourced from Hawaii’s pristine environment, Gandalf Spirulina™ is nature’s super food - a complete and true blue-green algae, extremely high in protein, nutrients, vitamins and minerals:
- 60% plant protein
- All essential amino acids
- Zeaxanthin for brain and eyes
- Highest content levels of the Super Enzyme SOD (superoxide dismustase) of all spirulina’s on the market
Why choose Gandalf Hawaiian Spirulina?
- Gandalf is a Canadian company with exclusive rights to sell the only Spirulina produced in Hawaii
- 94 trace minerals supplied from 2000 ft deep ocean water
- Low heavy metal counts (Lead less than 0.2 ppm, Mercury less than 0.025 ppm, Cadmium less than 0.2 ppm)
- Passes California’s stringent Proposition 65 at 3 g per day while other brands fail at 1 g per day
- Guaranteed GMO Free and Non Irradiated, Pesticide/Herbicide Free, Gluten Free
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans