Omega 3 is one of the families of healthy fats called essential fatty acids (EFA). Omega 3 are called “essential” because the body cannot produce them, so we must acquire them from our diet or gain them through supplements. The active omega 3 compounds are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). DHA is the most abundant unsaturated fatty acid in the human brain, it is highly concentrated in the retina of the eye, and is critical for the structure and function of cell membranes. EPA performs different functions; it helps reduce inflammation and is a factor in cardiovascular health.
The primary dietary source of DHA is fatty fish or to a lesser extent, fortified foods. Eating fish several times per week or taking fish oil in gelatin capsules or liquid can be challenging. SISU’s high- potency vegetarian DHA from algae is a convenient and reliable source of omega 3, and ideal for people who follow a vegan diet.
- 200 mg of DHA from GMO-free algae sustainably grown in dedicated, inland farms with no impact on any marine environment
- DHA supports brain and eye development in utero and in children
- DHA supplementation has been associated with a decreased risk of post-partum depression
- When taken by breast-feeding women, DHA crosses into breast milk to increase infants’ DHA levels
- Plays a key role in reducing inflammation associated with auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis
- DHA helps support neurological health at all ages
- Omega 3 effectively lowers elevated triglyceride levels associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Easy-to-swallow, small, soft vegetarian capsules
- Non-fish source of omega 3, thus no risk of fishy burps
- Suitable for vegans
- Convenient adult and children’s dosing on the label
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed potency and purity
- NPN approved
Each soft gel capsule contains:
Schizochytrium oil*...602 mg
(Schizochytrium spp., whole)
200 mg Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA))
sunflower (Helianthus annuus) seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherols, lecithin, rosemary leaf extract
modified corn starch, purified water, glycerin (vegetable), carrageenan, d-sorbitol, beta carotene, hypromellose, caramel
Contains no dairy or animal products, wheat, peanuts, or tree nuts.