Source of omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) for the maintenance of good health. Helps support cognitive health/brain function. Helps reduce serum triglycerides and helps maintain cardiovascular health.
It is sensible to limit our intake of unhealthy fats (hydrogenated, saturated, and trans fats). It may be even more important to ensure an adequate intake of the healthy fats the brain and the body need. Omega 3 is one of the families of healthy fatty acids that are essential, meaning they must come from your diet, by eating fatty fish several times a week, or be gained through supplements. The active compounds in omega 3 are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and they are only found in fish. Omega 3 fatty acids help to decrease “bad” cholesterol and increase “good” cholesterol, which is important for heart health. Too much bad cholesterol (LDL) hardens the arteries, which leads to heart disease and the risk of heart attack or stroke and good cholesterol (HDL) in omega 3 fatty acids helps to eliminate bad cholesterol from the body. Omega 3 also helps control the painful inflammation of autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis. Studies have shown that supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- High-potency wild fish oil standardized to contain a minimum of 40% EPA and 20% DHAM
- Vitamin E added as a natural antioxidant and preservative
- Processed using molecular distillation to concentrate the active ingredients and eliminate contaminants such as mercury, lead, PCBs, and dioxins
- EPA and DHA in omega 3 are vital to many aspects of heart health
- EPA and DHA help to control inflammation and may be useful against mild allergic reactions, joint swelling, and gastrointestinal ulcers
- Omega 3 supports brain health and provides support against depression and migraines
- Natural orange flavour added to mask fishy burps
- IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) tested for guaranteed purity
- Every lot meets strict limits for environmental contaminants such as PCBs, dioxins, furans, and heavy metals, including mercury and lead
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved
Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
Fish Oil...1,000 mg
body oil from anchovy, sardine and/or salmon, providing 400 mg EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and 200 mg DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol)...6.7 mg AT
from soybean oil, equivalent to 10 IU vitamin E activity
natural orange flavour (to mask fishy burps)
gelatin, glycerin, water
Contains no dairy, wheat, gluten, corn, sweeteners or artificial flavours.