The B vitamin family includes vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B9 (folic acid or folate), and B12 (cobalamin). Though they have essential roles in the body B vitamins are easily lost from the body through urine and sweat. This fact, combined with other factors such as a modern diet high in processed foods, means that it’s easy to become deficient in B vitamins. Additionally, certain groups, including vegans, vegetarians, and the elderly, are at greater risk for Vitamin B deficiency.
Aging, for example, affects how well you take in and use B12 from foods. Deficiency can lead to numerous health issues, including blood sugar imbalances, neurological disorders, anemia, and depression. The body must convert B vitamins into their active coenzyme forms in order to absorb them. Some people have genetic alterations that reduce their body’s ability to perform these conversions. Vegan-friendly Advanced B Complex® contains all of the B-vitamins in their active coenzyme forms, and in balanced doses to ensure that you get the most out of your B complex.
Advanced B Complex® delivers the biologically active and most efficient forms of these vitamins in balanced ratios and research-backed doses.
The B-complex is an officially recognized grouping of eight essential vitamins. Some sources dispute that number, claiming that there are in fact nine or ten (or more) vitamins within the B-complex, yet within most circles, the number is generally accepted as eight, and these are:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) - help to convert glucose and amino acids into energy as well as develop red blood cells and maintain muscle tissue.*
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - active in skin and vision health*
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) - forms the basis of the oxidized and reduced forms of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+ and NADH)*
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - B5 is essential to form coenzyme A; which is central to cellular respiration and energy production.*
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) - involved with the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.*
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - aid in metabolism*
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid or folate) - promotes the synthesis of new red blood cells and DNA*
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) - aids neurological health*
Take 1 capsule one to three times daily with food, or as directed by a health practitioner.