SISU MELATONIN 5mg 90tabsSISU Supplements
Our daily sleep/wake cycle is regulated by our ”circadian rhythm”, the physical, mental and behavioural changes in our body that follow roughly a 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in our environment. The pineal gland at the base of the brain releases the sleep hormone, melatonin, when it gets dark, and suppresses production in the daytime. Older people can have problems sleeping because their melatonin levels are low. Studies have shown that a melatonin supplement can help reset the internal clock disrupted because of travelling and jet lag, daylight savings time, shift work, or change in daily routine. It can also help counteract the stress hormone cortisol as cortisol is not being released during production of melatonin and in presence of adequate sleep hormone levels at night. Melatonin is non-addictive and does not produce the ”hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
Features and benefits:
- Convenient dose of just one therapeutic-potency tablet to take at or before bedtime
- Tiny, fast-dissolving tablets that can be taken sublingually, chewed, swallowed whole, or dissolved in any liquid
- Natural mint flavour to mask the natural bitter taste of melatonin. Pure, safe, synthetic source (not sourced from animal brain tissue)
- Helps people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer and wake up less frequently during the night
- Can be started a few days before you expect your normal schedule to be altered (shift change, travel). Reduces the fatigue caused by jet lag
- Research indicates melatonin administered before surgery may help reduce post-operative pain and anxiety
- Other possible uses of melatonin include the reduction of nocturnal hypertension and symptoms of irritable bowel and reflux (GERD)
- Vegan. Gluten, Dairy and Soy FREE
Adults: Jet lag - Take 1 tablet 1 time per day at bedtime after darkness has fallen, while travelling, and at destination until adaptation to the new daily pattern. For occasional short-term use; All uses except jet lag: Take 1 tablet 1 time per day, at or before bedtime.
Active ingredient: Melatonin [5mg]
Other ingredients: Isomalt; Microcrystalline cellulose; Magnesium stearate (vegetable); Croscarmellose sodium; Calcium silicate; Natural mint flavour