- With 375 mg of plant sterols per tablespoon, Heart Smart Olive Oil is a great way to help lower your LDL cholesterol, naturally.
- Heart Smart Olive Oil blends the unique beneficial fatty acids of olive oil with the cholesterol-lowering benefits of 375 mg of plant sterols per tablespoon.
- Research has proven that 2 g of plant sterols per day can reduce harmful (LDL) cholesterol up to 20%. Their side effect–free action is simple: they block intestinal absorption of harmful LDL cholesterol. Nonvegetarians consume approximately 300 mg of plant sterols per day, while vegetarians hover around 600 mg daily. This shortfall is confirmed by Dr. Peter Jones, an international pioneer in lipid nutrition and functional foods, who states: “Even though plant sterols can be and are eaten as part of a healthy diet, it’s challenging for Canadians to consume enough plant sterols to lower their cholesterol.”
- Heart Smart Olive Oil’s fruity, well-balanced flavour is great for vinaigrettes, smoothies, and low-temperature sautéed dishes, or simply taken by the spoonful.
Directions of Use
Shake well. Adults: Take 3 tablespoons daily with food or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
- Each tablespoon contains:
- Plant sterol esters (combined beta-sitosterols, campesterols, and stigmasterols)
Other ingredients: Certified organic extra virgin olive oil and vitamin E (mixed tocopherols from nonâ€‘GMO sunflower). Nitrogenâ€‘flushed to maintain optimum freshness, prevent oxidation, and ensure maximum nutritional value.