New Roots Herbal
NEW ROOTS LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL 15mlNew Roots Herbal
- Used in aromatherapy to help relieve colds/cough
- With lemon, sailors of yore prevented scurvy. It helps to strengthen integuments, especially brittle nails. It improves digestion, is refreshing, and protects our immunity! Native to the Himalayas, the lemon tree was widely cultivated in China and the Mediterranean countries. Its essence*, formed in the pericarp of the fruit, contains among other substances coumarins, but mainly limonene (55 to 80% of the active ingredients). This monoterpene gives lemon essence amazing properties for the immune, circulatory, and digestive systems.
- Who, after a large meal, has never used hot lemon to purify their liver and drain their digestive system? A quick recipe for gallstones and liver failure: Use 1 to 2 drops of lemon essence (zest) in ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil after a meal, including a topical application to the liver area.
- In addition, lemon essence strengthens blood capillaries. It is therefore appropriate in protocols against atherosclerosis and arteritis, but also for venous insufficiency, thrombosis, rosacea, or phlebitis.
- Lemon essential oil can also help you fight against some hydrolipid retention and will be useful to help improve cellulite.
- Finally, this essence will make your environment healthy very effectively. Use it in your blends of cleansers for a most invigorating lemony scent!
Cautions and Warnings
- Photosensibilizing. Avoid exposing your skin to UV rays for 24 hours after use.
*The essence of an aromatic plant is developed in its tissues through photosynthesis. Only fruits of the genus Citrus have essences, which can be obtained by cold pressing of their peel. An essential oil is significantly different from an essence, because it is the result of the transformation of the essence by steam distillation, excluding in particular the heavier molecules of the original essence.
Directions of Use
Adults: Mix with vegetable oil for topical application. Use undiluted for direct or steam inhalation. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. For occasional use only.
Each drop contains:
Organic lemon (Citrus × limon) fruit peel essential oil